UPDATE 05/18/20: Payments can still be dropped in our drop box (located on the side of the building in our drive-thru), paid online, or through our automated phone system. (See PAY MY BILLS page on this website). Customers needing to start new service/transfer service, pay for new tap installation or close your account; please call 903-887-7103 OPT 2 Monday-Friday 8am-4pm and an ECCFWSD representative will assist you Emergencies after business hours can call 903-887-7103 and you will be prompted on how to report your emergency.
To: East Cedar Creek FWSD Customers
Thank you for your patience as we get through these difficult times. We hope we have helped ease your mind by postponing disconnects and by not raising rates at the start of our fiscal year, April 2020, that were approved by the Board in February 2020.
We wanted to inform our customers that we are slowly starting to reopen our office to the public and our customers. We plan to have the drive thru open by 5-26-2020 and our office lobby by 6-1-2020. We would like to encourage customers to continue to make bill payments on-line or through the automated system to help reduce traffic in and out of the lobby. The health and safety of our customers and staff is of top priority, so once the lobby is open, it is recommended that customers wear masks and gloves, and our office staff will routinely sanitize all areas such as work areas, common areas, and equipment.
- Please practice the social distancing rule of staying 6 ft. away from other customers and staff
- Be prepared to remove your mask for identification purposes
Prior to visiting the lobby, please self-screen for the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Felling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100o F
- Have has close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
We would also like to remind our customers that East Cedar Creek FWSD is a non-profit organization and water bills are not being waived. We encourage you to pay as much as possible and take steps to use less water to avoid accumulating a larger balance that could become burdensome. Once things begin to return to normal, contact the office and we will work with you to resolve past due accounts.
Again, thank you for your patience. We are all in this together and we are constantly monitoring the situation to stay on top of all federal and local regulations and following the advice of healthcare professionals and the CDC. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding your water bill or the steps we are taking to get through this situation.
UPDATE 05/01/20: Recently Governor Abbott announced that the State of Texas would begin slowly opening up non-essential businesses beginning Friday May 1st. We wanted to let everyone know that for the health and well-being of our customers and our employees, our office will continue to be closed to the public. We will be evaluating this situation weekly.
Payments can still be dropped in our drop box (located on the side of the building in our drive-thru), paid online, or through our automated phone system. (See PAY MY BILLS below). Customers needing to start new service/transfer service, pay for new tap installation or close your account; please call 903-887-7103 OPT 2 Monday-Friday 8am-4pm and an ECCFWSD representative will assist you Emergencies after business hours can call 903-887-7103 and you will be prompted on how to report your emergency.
DISTRICT TEMPORARY EMERGENCY PLAN OF ACTION FOR COVID-19
We understand you have concerns regarding COVID-19 (also known as the Coronavirus). The health of our customers, visitors, and employees are important to us. According to the CDC, the virus primarily spreads from person to person and may be transmitted through hard surfaces, frequently touched objects, or even currency. Because of this, we encourage limiting face-to-face contact and communicating through electronic and digital systems.
All policies (phases) are subject to change based on Federal, State, and local government requirements.
The District will be posting helpful preventative information on our website and in our public display case for our customers. The District will also try to post information on how customers can get help with their utility bills during this pandemic when information is available. Please review our website www.eastcedarcreek.net and click on the Covid – 19 tab for any updated information.
- The District will not perform residential/business disconnections (shut water off) for non-payment of bills for a 30-day period starting March 20, 2020.
- To protect customers and employees from illnesses the district may begin estimating usage instead of actual meter reading of water meters.
- The Administration office is closed to the public. For requests regarding new turn-ons, cost estimates for new water/sewer installs and customers concerns, please call our office number (903) 887-7103 during normal office hour 8:00AM – 4:00 PM.
- We will still respond to emergency calls after normal business hours as normal.
- A list of resources who assist with customer’s utility bills will be printed on all bills, emails, and posted at the Administrative office. The statement will also encourage customers who can help others to contact these resources.
- Please refrain from flushing material into the district sewer system such as flushable wipes that really do not separate when in contact with water. Non- biodegradable material creates clogging problems in grinder tank pumps, lift station pumps and at our wastewater treatment plants. If our customers adhere to this request it will help reduce extra work for our employees and help keep our costs from increasing to you, our customer.